Fundraising in March Makes A Difference
Fundraising in March
Makes A Difference
What Is The Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign?
The Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign is the largest grassroots food and fund drive in the state of Minnesota. The campaign brings together various community organizations, businesses, and faith communities to help stock nearly 300 food shelves statewide.
How Does It Work?
Individual donors (like you) donate either food or money to FOTV. Then FOTV reports to Minnesota FoodShare the pounds of food and the amount of money donated. Each pound of food is equal to $1.00. FOTV gets to distribute the donated food and uses the donated money for its operations and food purchasing. Then Minnesota FoodShare and their group of various community organizations, businesses, and faith communities match the donations that have come into our food shelf at a certain percentage with a grant. Everybody WINS!
How Can You Help?
If you are looking for a way to help our community below are a few suggestions. You are not limited to only these. If you have other ideas, please do not hesitate to call and share your idea with us. We would love to help you help us.
- Consider donating to us.Donating money can be done quick, easy, and secure, online, by visiting the donation page of our website by clicking here. There you will find additional information on how you can give using PayPal, mail, or over the phone.
- Donate food or money in person. We would be glad to take your donation at our food shelf located at 1280 Arcade Street, St. Paul MN 55106. We can take it on Friday between 10am and 3pm or Saturday between 8 and 12:00pm. Please call or text us at 952-595-5980 to make arrangements so we can be looking for you to arrive.
- Consider if you could run a food and fundraiser from your place of work or place of worship. Often employers and churches are looking for a local charity to donate to or a way to give back to the community. If you could get permission to do this, then Tina our Administrator could offer you signs and a donation box to collect the food.
- Consider running a fundraiser for us on Facebook. This can be done easily from your personal profile. Directions below.
- When your fundraiser is over on or before April 11, 2021, take a screen shot of the total you raised and text or call (952-595-5980) or email (email@example.com) us with the total giving for your fundraising campaign. We can report it to the Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign, and it will be counted toward our total even if it takes Facebook 45 days to issue a check to u
Setting Up a Facebook Fundraising Campaign
- Log onto your Facebook page on a PC.
- To the left, you will see a menu. Scroll the menu for the word “Fundraiser” and click it.
- Then click “Select Nonprofit“
- Then Type “Vineyard Community Services” and click the corresponding organization in the dropdown box.
- A fundraising campaign will open, and the fields will be populated with information about Vineyard Community Services. You can customize all the fields. Remember, the March Campaign goes from March 1 to April 11, 2021
- Once you have it to your liking, click “Create”
- Invite all your friends to participate and share it.