Vineyard Community Services is the successor non-profit, 501.c3 Minnesota Corporation to South Metro Vineyard Church. Since 2007 the Fruit of the Vine operated as a ministry of the church. Since January 1, 2013, Vineyard Community Services began operations as its own tax-exempt organization separate from the church.
As a community organization our vision is to extend the truth, power, and love of God to build friendships and perpetuate compassion within our communities, one life at a time.
Our mission is to serve families and individuals in times of need. We encourage with words that create hope and with deeds that bring joy, and:
- welcome all who enter our doors as equals, respecting their dignity and accepting them as best we can without judgment;
- encourage those we serve to develop their capacity for independence;
- are thrifty with our resources, generous in our hospitality, and responsible to the communities that support us; and
- welcome all who are willing to join us in loving service to our neighbors.
Our guiding principles for service:
- Never do for the poor what they have (or could have) the capacity to do for themselves. As an emergency relief service provider one of the issues we face is the ‘entitlement’ influence.
- Limit one-way giving to emergency situations. We want to move people from crisis to re-building and discourage welfare relations.
- Strive to empower the poor through employment and business development.
- Subordinate self-interest to the needs of those being served.
- Listen closely to those we seek to help, especially to what is not being said – unspoken feelings may contain essential clues to effective service.
- Above all, do no harm.
Download our 2015 Fruit of the Vine Fact Sheet by clicking HERE